Throughout the ages, men have been in awe of women (in many ways, that awe was one reason they often tried to control women) and their differences. Women, after all, could bring forth life, they bled every month without harm, they could nurture through breastfeeding…women were a mystery and a miracle to men.
Today, a lot of this allure has been lost. There is often no mystery left for men to solve. There is no longer ‘unexplored country’ for them to discover. By letting it all ‘hang out’, women are destroying the mystery that is part of their tantalizing charm. They act like men, swear like men, compulsively share every thought and try to be best friends with their partners. But is this a good idea?
In France, French women have a saying: ‘silence is sexy’. They understand that you don’t have to compulsively share every thought, feeling and mundane activity with men. Leave them wanting more, is their motto!
Women today tend to confuse intimacy with familiarity. Your man does not need to know every little detail about you! They don’t need to know every detail of every romance you ever had, they don’t need to know what brand of tampon you buy, they don’t need to know what brand of toilet cleaner you prefer and they don't need to see you pee. Oversharing kills the mystery and does nothing to build intimacy. Intimacy comes from sharing feelings and inner thoughts, not from prattling on about inanities!
How To Be Alluring
- First and foremost, be a lady. An alluring woman is confident in her femininity and does not feel the need to draw attention to herself through outrageous behaviour. So resist the urge to drink till you throw up. If you don't feel like you know where to start, go to a finishing school or read more here.
- Be interesting. An alluring woman knows that she has something to say because she is widely read and interested in the world around her.
- Don't confuse familiarity and intimacy. An alluring woman shares but does not prattle. She prefers to have privacy and space, instead of sharing every aspect of her life with a man.
- Develop your own style. An alluring woman has her own style because she knows who she really is and how she wants to portray herself to the world.
- Learn about etiquette. When you have mastered social etiquette, you can relax and shine in any social situation.
- Be interested in other people. An alluring woman is interested in the opinions of others. She encourages them to talk by listening attentively and asking questions.
- Don't try to change men. An alluring woman allows a man to be a man and is accepting of his differences, flaws and opinions. She understands that a man is a welcome addition to a fulfilling life, not a necessity.
- Have a life. An alluring woman has a fulfilling life. She surrounds herself with friends and family, hobbies and interests, books and courses, and of course, love.
Subscribe to articles